I’m at a loss. Where’s the mystery?
Even so, it’s an honour to be thought of and nominated, so… I accept!
(NOTE: Upon further digging, I found the answer! Keep reading to find out.)
The Mystery Blogger Award
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Mystery Blogger Award, here are THE RULES:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Fun Facts About Me
- I’ve changed “-verts” over the last several years. (Don’t know what I mean? You’ll have to stay tuned… I’ll explain in my April 27th post.)
- I’m the opposite of an animal-lover. (And yet, somehow, Stevie mewed her way into our family. Find out how HERE.)
- I daily pursue the F-word. (No, not fame, not fortune, but FREEDOM.)
Wait! There’s Another…
4th Fun Fact
My favourite (and likely least understood) blog post is: An Out-of-Context Interview.
Check it out. You’ll love it.
Or hate it.
Could go either way, really.
5 Questions from Tangie (Who’s Tangie? Click here to find out.)
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The fame. LOL.
No. I probably like the comments people leave the most. Maybe I shouldn’t admit that, like I need the attention, or something. But seriously, writers are needy creatures, and we like to know if someone is enjoying or relating to the pieces of our soul that we’ve shared with them.
How often do you post?
I publish 1 feature article on the 27th of each month. (Why the 27th? Find out here.)
In addition, I also publish bonus posts when I feel inspired.
What is your favourite place to visit where you live?
Can I choose my backyard?
It’s my favourite place to be. It just is. I make no apologies.
(Curious to know why? Read this.)
Are you a full time blogger?
I don’t understand the question.
Is this my whole life’s work? No. Is this my only writing outlet? No. Do I earn money here? No.
So… I’m thinking… no?
What is the best time of day for you to blog?
I’ve got kids.
The best time to blog is when they’re not home.
Time to Share the Love
Looking for a few authentic people to follow? Check out these nominees:
- Meet Heather at https://everysmallvoice.wordpress.com/. She’s honest, faith-filled, and moves you to think deep.
- Get to know Jacquie at https://joycottage.blog/. I’ve appreciated her encouraging posts, and I know you will, too.
- Question what you believe (in a good way) at https://thepointofreflection.blog/.
- Gain new perspective through Debbie‘s blog at https://debbiejoneswarren.com/. She’s got stories you won’t read about just anywhere.
- Sunshyne Gray. I mean, her name says it all. Go check out her blog at https://sunshynegray.com/.
- Be encouraged at www.restandchaos.com.
- Have faith? Got kids? See Gina at https://www.somedaysaints.com/.
- Chuck will keep you grounded in God’s Word at https://chuckkralikauthor.com/.
- Find out why Kari is the “path-ponderer-and-narrow-way-walker” at https://karigraceplace.wordpress.com/2020/03/23/freedom-road/.
- Enjoy the beautiful musings of Samantha at https://samanthasomehowsurviving.wordpress.com/.
Don’t Be Shy
If you find yourself on the nominee list above, please don’t be shy.
Answer the following questions on your own Mystery Blogger Award post. I can’t wait to read your answers to:
- Do you like wasabi?
- Name one person in the blogging community (and include a link to their blog, please) who has been an encouragement or inspiration to you with respect to your own blogging journey.
- Name one of your pet peeves.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favourite chocolate bar?
I will leave you with a quote from Okoto Enigma herself:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.– Okoto Enigma
P.S. After further digging, I uncovered why this award is such a “mystery”, but you’ll have to click HERE to find the answer.