When I was a child I dreamed of marrying, bearing children, and living the glamorous life of a stay-at-home mom.
In 2005, Justin and I were married outside on a gorgeous summer day.
Off to a good start!
Two years later, we started our family on a gorgeous summer night.
Thirteen years later, we now have 3 super-fantastic kids – two boys and a girl – and I currently enjoy the privilege of staying home with them.
I’m living the dream!
Sort of. Problem is, my original dream was too small. I thought motherhood would completely fulfill me, but I was wrong.
Before I go any further, please know that I love being a mom. I really do. And there have been seasons when motherhood was enough for me. Okay, in all honesty, there were entire years when caring for babies and toddlers was more than enough for me. But eventually, I began to hope there was more to me than changing diapers, cooking, cleaning, and buying groceries.
Can you relate? (If yes, I’d love to hear your story. Share it here.)
Today, God has given me a new dream. I dream of freedom — to be ALL God made me to be and to fearlessly plunge into his plans for my life. I know this new dream will be a life-long adventure.
Meanwhile, this is a bit of who I am and where I’m at:
- I read. I write. I pray. I breathe.
- I have a black thumb, so I let God and Justin do most of the gardening.
- I tell loud, dramatic stories.
- I go on dates with my husband.
- I busy myself with organization projects (partly to avoid cleaning the house, but mostly because I’m a nerd).
- I pursue healthy relationships — even though I’m afraid of getting hurt.
- I accumulate books, notebooks, pens, printable charts, and more books.
- I smother my children with tickles and kisses and snuggles.
Now that you know some of my secrets, I have a burning question for you:
Would you like to join me on this journey of freedom?
If yes, click How to Find True Freedom to read about how you can find true freedom. It’s a great place to start!
Sara Jane Kehler
P.S. If this blog has encouraged you, I’d love to hear from you! Send me a note at email@example.com.